Women empowerment organization is a non-governmental, voluntary and independent organization, established in June 2004 and since that time WEO is accomplishing projects in different working sectors in Iraq.More
- Woman Empowerment Organization in February finalized many projects and has taken steps for starting other projects to be accomplished in the next few months. The Organization examines the impacts of these projects, and studies the goals for others. These projects are.More
Woman Empowerment Organization has been finalized many projects and trainings; it has taken steps for starting other projects to be accomplished in the next few months. The Organization examines the impacts and results of these projects, and studies the goals for others in Human rights sector to business trainings.More
Global Women’s Day Conference
Women Empowerment Organization (WEO) in cooperation with UNFPA held two conferences to celebrate Global Women’s Day. The first was on 16th of March and held under the supervision of the mayor of Shaqlawa in Shaqlawa district. The second was on the 17th of March and held under the supervision of the Minster Labor and Social Affairs in Erbil. The Conference attendees represented Parliament, the KRG Ministries, local authorities, international organizations, local NGOs, Universities, and political parties.
Objectives of Conferences
1. Celebrate of Global Women’s Day
2. Shed light on the importance of women's work outside the home
3. View the most important achievements of women at the level of Parliament and the relevant ministries.
4. Convey a sense of the daily suffering of women within the family and community.
1-The activities demonstrated that Kurdish women are able to participate in the development process and build up the community.
2-The events encouraged Parliament and the Ministries (Labor and Social Affairs Ministry, Culture Ministry and Interior Ministry) to support women and provide more posts to her for work and break the barriers to allow them greater independence.
3-The conferences were an opportunity to show all achievements and future plans for Parliament and Ministries (Labor and Social Affairs Ministry, Culture Ministry and Interior Ministry) regarding women’s issues.
4-This event highlighted the importance of the role of women to work outside the home and to participate in various fields of life.
5-The event connected many institutions through the presentation their activities
6- The events were interesting for all attendees.